Syahariza Zainul Abidin
|Syahariza Zainul Abidin|
| Food chemistry and analysis
Starch structure- digestibility study
Halal food authentication
IMG203 Chemical Analysis of Foods
IMG204 Instrumental Analysis of Foods
IMK421 Primary Products Technology
IMG223 Processing Technology of Animal Based Food Products
- Food analysis
- Food chemistry
- Food processing
National (at national level)
- RRheology, stability and enzyme interaction study of rice-based texture-modified food for patients with dysphagia
- Development of texture-modified for patients with dysphagia
- Supervision 1
- Supervision 2
- Supervision 3
- Syahariza, Z.A., Sar, S., Hasjim, J., Tizzotti, M.J., Gilbert, R.G., The importance of amylose and amylopectin fine structures for starch digestibility in cooked rice grains, Food Chemistry 136: 742–749 (2013)
- Syahariza, Z.A., Hasjim, J., Extraction and dissolution of starch from rice and sorghum grains for accurate structural analysis, Carbohydrate Polymers 82: 14–20 (2010)
- Syahariza, Z. A., Che Man, Y.B., Abdul Rohman, Discriminant Analysis of selected edible fats and oils and those in biscuit formulation using FTIR Spectroscopy, Food Analytical Methods 4: 404–409 (2011)
- Syahariza, Z. A., Che Man, Y.B., Jinap, S. and Bakar, J., Detection of lard in cake formulation by FTIR spectroscopy. Food Chemistry 92: 365 -371 (2005).
- Che Man, Y.B., Syahariza, Z.A., M.E.S. Mirghani Jinap, S. Bakar, J., Analysis of potential lard adulteration in chocolate and chocolate products using FTIR spectroscopy, Food Chemistry 90: 815-819 (2005).
- Syahariza, Z. A., Che Man, Y.B., Jinap, S. and Bakar, J., Quantitation of of lard adulteration in chocolate and chocolate products using FTIR Spectroscopy, Journal of Physical Science (Special Issue), 139-148 (2004)
- Hashim, D.M., Che Man, Y.B., Norakasha, R., M. Shuhaimi, M., Salmah, Y., Syahariza, Z.A., Potential use of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy for differentiation of bovine and porcine gelatins, Food Chemistry 118: 856–860 (2010)
- Marina A.M., Che Man, Y.B., Nazimah S.A.H., Amin, I., and Syahariza, Z. A., Analysis of adulteration of virgin coconut oil by palm kernel olein using Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, Journal of Food Lipids 14: 111-121 (2007)
- Syahariza, Z. A., Hasjim, J. & Gilbert, R.G. (2010), Starch structure and digestion property relations for digestion of cooked rice, AACC International Annual Meeting 2010, Savannah, Georgia, USA, 24-27th October 2010.
- Hasjim, J., Syahariza Z. A., Li, E., Tan, Y.S., Chu, S. & Gilbert, R.G. (2010), A new technique to extract and dissolve starch from cereal grains, AACC International Annual Meeting 2010, Savannah, Georgia, USA, 24-27th October 2010.
- Syahariza, Z. A., Sar, S. Hasjim, J. & Gilbert, R.G. (2011), Starch digestion kinetics of cooked rice grains and its relation to structural properties, 61st Australian Cereal Chemistry Conference 2011, Twin Towns Clubs and Resorts, Coolongata-Tweed Heads, Australia, 4-8th September 2011.
- Wu, A.C. , Hasjim, J., Syahariza Z. A., Sar, S. & Gilbert, R.G. (2011), Constrains and work-around on the genetics of starches for beneficial colonic health, AACC International Annual Meeting 2011, Palm Springs, California, USA, 15-19th October 2011.
- Syahariza, Z. A., Sar, S. Hasjim, J. & Gilbert, R.G. (2012), The importance of amylose and amylopectin fine structures on digestibility of cooked rice grains, QAAFI Annual Meeting 2012, Hyatt Sanctuary Cove, Gold Coast, Australia, 11th July 2012.
- Publication 1
- Publication 2
- Publication 3
A. Academic Award
1. Award 1
2. Award 2
3. Award 3
B. USM Excellent Award
1. Award 1
2. Award 2
3. Award 3
- Consultan 1
- Consultan 2
- Consultan 3