Lee Lai Kuan
|Lee Lai Kuan|
|Room no.: 217|
IMK 105 - Biochemistry
IUK 208 - Experimental Designs with Computer Applications
IMK 319 - Nutrition
IMK 320 - Functional Food
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and health benefits
- Food security
- Recovery of secondary metabolites from agricultural biomass
- Functional foods and infertility
National (at national level)
Disaster relief and preparedness: Nutritionally-balanced, cost effective, socially acceptable, and sustainable emergency food aid design: A vital strategy for disaster abatement
Health and safety: Integrated assessment of water quality and microbial variability at the heavily flood affected area in Sungai Pahang river basin
Basin characteristics: Rainfall distribution in 5 states since 1967 flood until 2014 flood: Detecting the climate change effect
- Governance for disaster risk reduction: Enhancement of standard operating procedures (SOP) on flood disaster awareness, preparedness, warning system, evacuation plan & institutional arrangements for flood risk management in the Sungai Pahang River Basin
- Preparation of functionalized adsorbents from natural clays by physical, chemical and physio-chemical modifications: A fundamental investigation
- Novel Technology for Eco-Friendly Bio-Retention Facilities
- Sustainable Wetland Design Protocol for Water Quality Improvement
- Perceptions, Environmental Engagement and Its Relationship with the Psychological Well Being in an In-Campus Ecological Wetland Among Students in USM Engineering Campus
- Development of Low Cost Carbon Adsorbents for the Remediation of Landfill Leachate
- Preparation And Evaluation Of Functionalized Adsorbents For The Effective Treatment Of Pharmaceutical Residues And Hospital Contaminants
- Chow Yuh Nien (PhD) - Bioaccumulation of toxic contaminants in the water resources and food crops grown from the polluted urban runoff: A qualitative and quantitative assessment
- Ooi Ee Shan (PhD) - Efficacy of Superheated Steam Technology for the Production of Functional Robusta Coffee: Characterization, Toxicity and Antioxidative Properties
- Varastegani Boshra (PhD) - Production and characterization of Nigella sativa instant beverage powder and its effect on glucose digestion and body mass in long term on overweight and obese people
- Seow Eng Keng (PhD) - Protocol development, oral processing, digestability and shelf life study of natural enzymatic dodol using raw honey as a halal source of amylase enzyme
- Yoong Hui Qian (MSc) - Insight into The Urban Green Space Management Practice for The Sustainable Preservation of Eco-friendly Environment
- Satesh A/L Balachanthar (MSc) - Development of a Sustainable Emergency Food Aid Plan for Disaster Relief and Preparedness
- Azman Md Atiqul (MSc) - Microwave-assisted pasteurization technology for fresh milk: nutritional composition, microbial and organopesticides analysis
- Leh Hui Eng (MSc) - Evaluation of the role of lycopene on Diabetes Mellitus: Glycaemic Control, cognitive function and oxidative stress
LIST OF JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
B. Varastegani, W. Zzaman, K. V. Harivaindaran, T. A. Yang, W.N.W. Abdullah, L.K. Lee & A M. Easa. 2017. Effect of carrier agents on chemical properties and sensory evaluation od spray-dried Nigella Sativa. CyTA-Journal of Food, 3, 448-456.
- L, Sidek, H. Basri, L.K. Lee, K.Y. Foo. 2016. The performance of gross pollution trap for water quality preservation: A real practical application at the Klang Valley. Desalination and Water Treatment, 57, 24733-24741.
- L. Sidek, H.A. Mohiyaden, L.K. Lee, K.Y. Foo. 2016. Potential of engineered biomedia for the innovative purification of contaminated river water. Desalination and Water Treatment, In Press.
- L.K. Lee, K.Y. Foo. 2014. Recent insights on the significance of transcriptomic and metabolomic analysis of male factor infertility. Clinical Biochemistry, 47, 973-982.
- Lee, L.K., Foo, K.Y. 2013. Recent advances on the beneficial use and health implications of Pu-Erh tea. Food Research International, 53, 619-628.
- Lee, L.K., Foo, K.Y. 2013. An appraisal of the therapeutic value of lycopene for the chemoprevention of prostate cancer: A nutrigenomic approach. Food Research International, 54, 1217-1228.
- Lai Kuan Lee, Suzana Shahar, NorFadilah Rajab, Noor Aini Mohd Yusoff, Rahman A. Jamal, Sue Mian Then. 2013. The role of long chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in reducing lipid peroxidation among elderly patients with mild cognitive impairment: a case-control study. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 24, 803-808.
- Lai Kuan Lee, Suzana Shahar, Ai-Vyrn Chin and Noor Aini Mohd Yusoff. 2013. Docosahexaenoic acid-concentrated fish oil supplementation in subjects with mild cognitive impairment (MCI): a 12-month randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Psychopharmacology, 225, 605-612.
- Lai Kuan Lee, Suzana Shahar, Norfadilah Rajab, Cheng Leong Lim, Nur Amira Harun. 2013. Association between vitamin A, vitamin E and apolipoprotein E status with mild cognitive impairment among elderly people in low cost residential areas. Nutritional Neuroscience, 16, 6-12.
- Foo, K.Y., Lee, L.K., Hameed, B.H. 2013. Preparation of banana frond activated carbon by microwave induced activation for the removal of boron and total iron from landfill leachate. Chemical Engineering Journal, 223, 604-610.
- Foo, K.Y., Lee, L.K., Hameed, B.H. 2013. Batch adsorption of semi-aerobic landfill leachate by granular activated carbon prepared by microwave heating. Chemical Engineering Journal, 222, 259-264.
- Foo, K.Y., Lee, L.K., Hameed, B.H. 2013. Preparation of tamarind fruit seed activated carbon by microwave heating for the adsorptive treatment of landfill leachate: A laboratory column evaluation. Bioresource Technology, 133, 599-605.
- Foo, K.Y., Lee, L.K., Hameed, B.H. 2013. Preparation of activated carbon from sugarcane bagasse by microwave assisted activation for the remediation of semi-aerobic landfill leachate. Bioresource Technology, 134, 166-172.
- Suzana Shahar, Siti Nur’Asyura Adznam, Lai Kuan Lee, Noor Aini Mohd Yusof, Mohamad Salleh, and Noor Ibrahim Mohamed Sakian. 2013. Effectiveness of a Nutrition Education Intervention Package on Anthropometric and Biochemical Profiles among Rural Older Malays with Metabolic Syndrome. Public Health Nursing, 30, 140-149.
- Lee, L.K., Shahar, S., Yusoff, N.A.M., Chin, A.V. 2013. Validation of a food frequency questionnaire in assessing the omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids intake for Malays and Chinese elderly in Malaysia. Sains Malaysiana, 42(11): 1625-1632.
- Lai Kuan Lee, Suzana Shahar, Ai-Vyrn Chin, Noor Aini Mohd Yusoff, NorFadilah Rajab, Safiyyah Abdul Aziz. 2012. Prevalence of gender disparities and predictors affecting the occurrence of mild cognitive impairment (MCI). Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 54, 185-191.
- Lai Kuan Lee, Suzana Shahar, Ai-Vyrn Chin. 2012. Predicting the comorbidity, nutritional status and neuropsychological performance among depressive and non-depressive geriatric community: a comparative study. International Journal of Gerontology, 6, 278-284.
- Suzana Shahar, Junaidah Hassan, Vatana V. Sundar, Ai Yun Wenty Kong, Sook Ping Chin, Samsul Anuar Ahmad, Lai Kuan Lee. 2011. Determinants of depression and insomnia among institutionalized elderly people in Malaysia. Asian Journal of Psychiatry, 4, 188-195.
- Wong, S.H., Rajikan, R., Das, S., Yusoff, N.A.M., Lee, L.K., Aziz, S.A., Sakian, N.I.M., Shahar, S. 2010. Antioxidant intake and mild cognitive impairment among elderly people in Klang Valley: A pilot study. Sains Malaysiana, 39(4): 689-696.
- Lai Kuan Lee, Suzana Shahar, NorFadilah Rajab. 2009. Serum folate concentration, cognitive impairment and DNA damage among elderly individuals in Malaysia. Nutrition Research, 29, 327-334.
- Publication 1
- Publication 2
- Publication 3
A. Academic Award
1. Sanggar Sanjung Award For Excellent Achievement in Category of Journal Publication for the year of 2013
2. Award 2
3. Award 3
B. USM Excellent Award
2. Award 2
3. Award 3